Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Source

Last night I wanted to have personal time with Christ.  Many times when I do devotion, I look over my notes from Church, write in my personal Journal and then read a book from Christian Authors such as "Every Man's Battle, Every Woman's Battle, The Dream Giver, Boy Meets Girl, Battlefield of the Mind etc" I am currently reading "Life without Limits" and it is very inspiring and encouraging.  However as I wanted to have my personal time with the Lord, I could not find my book. I began searching my room, my suitcase, living-room, my parents car, I began to look everywhere I could think of and could not find it. I began to get a little frustrated because I was really eager to read more of the book and see what I could learn from the author.  It then occurred to me that sometimes I get so wrapped up in reading books of Christian Authors, I tend to pull away from the very SOURCE that even gives Christian Authors the proper information they use to express their words.  It has, is and will continue to be known as "The Bible".

I remember going to Bible Study at my church which was preached by Pastor Marcos Witt and he entitled his sermon "Why is the Bible so Powerful?" It was amazing and really motivates you as a child of GOD to really know the importance, the history and the power of the Bible.  Much of what will be said comes from what I learned that very night.

Psalm 119 is the longest book in the Bible and it speaks about the Bible. 
Psalm 119 vs...

9 How can a young person stay pure?
By obeying your word

11 I have hidden your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.

24 Your laws please me;
they give me wise advice

54 Your decrees have been the theme of my songs
where I have lived.

66 I believe in your commands;
now teach me good judgement and knowledge.

74 May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy,
for I have put my hope in your word.

80 May I be blameless in keeping your decrees;
then I will never be ashamed.

98 Your commands make me wiser than my enemies
for they are my constant guide

104 Your commandments give me understanding;
no wonder I hate every false way of life

105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet
and a light for my path.

165 Those who love your instructions have great peace
and do not stumble


The Bible is the most sold, quoted and proven book in the History of mankind.  To us (followers in Christ), its the living, breathing and very word of GOD.  It's powerful because it testifies to its own power.  The proof of content and continuity proves its very worth.  Knowing that the Bible was written in over 3 languages, different continents from Palaces to even Prisons and that thousands of manuscripts have been found and compared to match verbatim takes Coordination.  And only DIVINE Coordination can pull that off.  The Bible is POWERFUL and part of that proof is our Testimony.  Just as we endure trials and have our seasons of being in the valley, we overcome by the blood of the lamb and the words of our testimony.  

GOD's word is true and wonderful and our SOURCE.  Stay true to GOD and his word no matter how bad the world becomes.  Obedience to GOD's law is the only way to achieve real happiness.  Everyday across the entire world in all nations, people transform completely because of the power that comes from scripture.  There is nothing wrong with reading books from pastors at all.  If anything, I believe that is an excellent way to continue to grow in Christ.  It is key to not forget the very thing that fuels the other books that we do read and come back to the SOURCE.  For the TRUTH will set YOU free.

GOD is LOVE

3 comments:

  1. True story...like they say read the manual that comes with you life...things will function a little better....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ate Lan: Lol Yes... May the SOURCE be with me on all levels and every part of my life.

    Juby: Amen and Amen grl. So very true.

    ReplyDelete