Monday, December 13, 2010

12-11-10

This past weekend, I had a series of EXTREMELY FORTUNATE Events! But out of all the days, the most memorable and Over Whelming Day that literally bought tears to my eyes was Saturday December 11th 2010.  

For starters... I GRADUATED and received my Bachelors in Aviation Science Management! It was all such a wonderful experience.  Graduating in itself was a good feeling but what made it that much more special was celebrating it with two specific individuals.  My Bestie whom I've known since 1st semester of my Freshman year in College and someone I consider my Sister on all levels whom I've known since Jr. High.


Juby has been one of the very best things that has ever happened to me in life.  She has a story of her own of how she came to Houston and how long she's been in school but she eventually overcame her obstacles and graduated.  I was extremely happy to see her cross that stage but the fact that I got to be right next to her and not only celebrate for her but celebrate with her made it much more special.

Then there's my sis CHEVON! Man have we been through it! Talk about two different people from two different worlds but PRAISE GOD for this girl.  I have known her since the 8th grade and have seen her develop and grow so much but as much as she has grown, she has stayed true to herself and never changed what she represents.  So strong and motivated to achieve great things in life.  What made it amazingly great to graduate with this girl was we graduated 8th grade together, High School together and then... COLLEGE! WOW! Only GOD can orchestrate such Divine Intervention and I'm so SO proud of her!

Once Graduation was over, I had to go to Church where I've been volunteering my time for the past semester since September of this year.  For the past 2 months myself along with my directors, co-volunteers, girls and Aaron have worked extremely hard on putting together a Christmas Production and as GOD would have it... It was the same day as my Graduation.  So not only was I able to do my passion, my whole family (Not just my parents but my Godmother, Uncle and Aunt) were able to experience and watch my kids minister that Evening!  Best part... my family finally got to meet my kids and the rest of my Lakewood Church family and it was this moment...




seeing my family, best friends and my girls all together as one was the very best part of the event hands down.

As the evening continued, I then got Baptized! Yup, that's right I got Baptized. I have been wanting to do it for years but between traveling back and forth between home and being in Houston, I have not got the opportunity to do it and the reason why I waited is because I wanted my family to witness my change in a spiritual aspect.  Not only did I get to get baptized but my dad came as I was approaching the pool and he called my name and decided to get baptized with me. Yes... All of this happened in the same day.

I say all this to say that as great as all of these things were, none of it means anything if you don't have anyone to share it with.  So 12-11-10 definitely with out a doubt goes down as one of the best days of my life with no hesitation.  

GOD is LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment