Monday, December 13, 2010

NO = BEST

I have been dancing for over 10 years and I have a very strong passion for it.  Doing what you LOVE most is the best thing you can do in life right? How about... doing the thing you LOVE most for the one you LOVE most? For the past few years, I have prayed many times that GOD uses my passion for his glory.  That I would be able to gather myself amongst young adults and people my age to teach dance so we can glorify GOD.  And my prayers were answered.  I wanted to be around people my age.  I began to pray, doors opened up and the LORD gave me 9.  9 kids from as young as 9 years old to 14.  Clearly, that was not what I wanted (just like us to want our way at our own time).  But I figured it could be a way for me to eventually get to what I originally wanted.  We had our 1st rehearsal in September and I remember thinking to myself, I had to be very patient and somewhat slow on teaching our 1st routine.  And I will be the very 1st to tell you when I say... "I WAS WRONG"

I ended up teaching them 75% of the routine within our very 1st 2 hour rehearsal.  And not only were they getting it, we were having so much fun!  Never was there a point where the kids got so out of hand, they ignored me and overstepped my role.  Never did I have to yell at them to get their attention.  I mean... not only were we having a great time, I really came to find that these kids have such a passion for GOD.  As young as 12 years old, they make statements like... "PRAISE GOD/ALL GLORY TO GOD" and it blows me away! I don't remember at anytime being their age and having those words come out of my mouth. I mean... What a blessing to witness.

It is my responsibility as their teacher and being older to set an example and do my very best to minister to them but I've come to find out... If anything, they are the ones who minister to me just as much if not even more.  I have learned so much from them and extremely fortunate to have had the privilege of being in their presence.


After I told them I was leaving and moving because GOD has called me to a new place of living, the next time I saw them, they all gave me "Thank You" Cards and "We Will Miss You" Cards and a couple of gifts and I was really bought to tears.  I could not believe all the wonderful things they did and said about me.  Their words of encouragement and motivation was so LOVING.  The only thing I could do was just thank GOD over and over again because I am head over heels for these kids.


The Bible Says... "Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings, thou has perfect praise"

I overestimated myself and underestimated them.  For GOD used them to humble me and remind me that once again, it's not about me, it's not even about them, but about GOD.  And I am so grateful that GOD said NO, because him saying NO gave me my BEST.

GOD is LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment