Monday, December 6, 2010

Origins

As stated, you can clearly see that the name of the site is entitled "Faith+Hope+Love" But why? I am a person full of many imperfections and doing my best to grow in him on a daily basis. Some days are better than others in which I feel I'm on my A-Game serving Christ and other times, I completely Fail but luckily... I am saved by Grace and above all, the Blood of Jesus Christ (Praise GOD for this because if we look at my track record? Psht!! I would have been destroyed years ago).  I have been a follower of Christ for over 8 years now but what I have truly taken to heart and been applying to do my best in is to maintain my FAITH in the Great moments and Horrible moments, preserve my HOPE in-spite of my failures and above all, LOVE GOD and LOVE people to the very best of my ability.

                                                                           FAITH



You can't begin to have a relationship in Christ without this element.  Hebrews 11:1 - FAITH is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.  Book of Romans states "It is through faith that a righteous person has life" For we are declared to be right with him because of faith and faith alone.  I have truly learned the concept to walk by faith and not by sight.  For what we see is only temporary and what we don't see will last forever. F.A.I.T.H. is Full Assurance In The Heart.  


                                                                       HOPE




Psalm 119:74 - May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my HOPE in your word.  When we get ready at the beginning of our day to go to work or school, we look at ourselves in the mirror to see what may not be looking right. We fix our hair, eyebrows, brush our teeth etc.  Like a mirror, the Bible reflects our imperfections and shows us what to do to get ourselves right. And with the strength of GOD, his grace and mercy, we can continue to sustain HOPE. HOPE that he will continue to tear away less of me, and build up more of him (if we let him).  HOPE that I can be completely renewed and transformed for the betterment of his Kingdom and to above all, give him all the glory. HOPE that I can live out my dreams.  Not just for my own sake, but for my loved ones around me and GOD alone.  It is HOPE that motivates us to get to a higher level in Christ.

                                                                         LOVE




Now Love?! O Wow. LOVE is such a powerful word and emotion.  LOVE is defined as an intense feeling of deep affection or a great interest or pleasure in something.  1 John 4:16-17 "We know how much GOD LOVES us, and we have put our trust in his LOVE.  GOD is LOVE, and all who live in LOVE live in GOD, and GOD lives in them.  And as we live in GOD, our LOVE grows more perfect.  So we will not be afraid on the day of judgement, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world" I will tell you that it is his LOVE that gets me through every single day.  When I think of all the goodness and blessings I have received in life, it is all because of how much GOD LOVES me.  Even when I fall and have made some of the stupidest mistakes I can think of and have ever made in my life, it is his LOVE that continues to keep me going.  The infamous verse in which saves us and brings us to the Lord is John 3:16.  The 1st and greatest commandment is to LOVE the Lord your GOD with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind.  For I have learned that LOVE is NOT a feeling, but a decision you make and an action that is displayed towards others.  I have witnessed GODs LOVE for me not only directly but indirectly through the people he has put in my life. From my Parents, Sister, extended family and Best Friends? I can't even begin to express or display the gratitude I have for all GOD has done for me.  It's LOVE that bought me to Christ. It's LOVE that taught me to LOVE myself. It's LOVE that taught me to LOVE Others. It's LOVE that I am so grateful for in Christ, I find myself overwhelmed in him and all that I am currently doing in this lifetime.  I only pray that I continue to LOVE as he has LOVED me towards Others.  Thank You Lord for all you have done for me and above all... thank you for your LOVE!

I plan to use this site as a way to express one of these three elements.  I pray you are blessed and touched by it.  For it is YOU (in addition to serving GOD) that continues to challenge me to be the best me that I can be.  To simply answer the Question on why I entitled this site "Faith+Hope+Love" is because those three elements are what I am trying to live by, they are the elements that get me through each difficult and blessed moment of my life, and they are what I want people to remember me by.

No comments:

Post a Comment