Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Epic FAIL = Epic GRACE

Recently, I have developed quite a passion and liking for SLR Photography.  My favorite type of shots to take is “Night Shots”. I don’t know why but it’s peaceful, quiet, the lights, just… everything makes it much more exciting for me!  I went out for the 1st time with two of my really good friend whom have been around SLR Photography for a while for some Night Shots and one thing you need in order to be successful with your shots is a Tri-Pod. You maintain the ability to keep your camera still and your Camera can then take in all the light and receive a shot that is enjoyable to your choosing.  Me being a first timer and low on cash, I didn’t have a Tri-Pod. All I had were my arms and my camera.  So I decided to get creative and take a shot using the elements that I had amongst the streets as stability to get the image I was trying to receive. 

One thing I’ve come to learn is that failures can be the greatest teacher in life.  I recently fell flat on my face (in the spiritual aspect) where I completely bombed and put my sexual integrity at risk.  I was doing something I wasn’t supposed to be doing and needless to say, every consequence has a result and I had to face the outcome.  In the process, I not only hurt the person in which I had no business communicating with but I also hurt an innocent person whom did not deserve the pain he now faces.  I am not proud what so ever of the things I have done in my past in which has caused anyone pain but what I have learned is that, the moments we fall, can be used as a tool for us to progress ourselves for the better in GOD’s Kingdom. 


I took this photo with out a Tri-Pod simply trying to hold the camera as steady as possible. This was my very 1st Night Shot take of trying to grasp the car lights in action.  As you can see, it's some what blurry and not a very clear image. As I continued through the night with my homeboys, we got to another intersection and I saw them put their Tri-Pods up as they were about to continue to take their night shots. Since I didn't have one, I decided to get innovative and use what I had around me. The key to night shots is STABILITY so I simply placed my camera on the ground, set it on a 2 second timer and took a picture. And here is the result...



I remember showing Ronnie & Rob (the people I went shooting with) and they were amazed with the picture and the creativity I had. But if I had a Tri-Pod, I already know I wouldn't have even thought to use the ground as a way to not only stabilize my camera for the shot, but for it to come out as crisp and clear as it did! So What's my ponit?

Like taking pictures, spiritually your life will consist of trial and error.  BUT with the trials and errors we have faced, we learn from it and better ourselves for a better vision and get greater results.  Not only can we learn from our mistakes but you'll come to find out in order to get the results you want, you already have what you need.  Like that picture, I didn't need a Tri-Pod to have the exact same pictures Ronnie and Rob were getting (which were amazing shots).  I was able to get my own picture and create my own from a total different perspective that no one would have thought of but me! GOD gives YOU a vision and when he gives YOU that vision, that is the majority! The beautiful thing about failing, is that you feel and receive GOD's grace more than ever before.  And when you've received his grace after repenting from all the wrong you've done and have a heart to serve and better yourself in him amongst the Kingdom? His grace is so sufficient, he uses you to make a masterpiece. And those masterpieces can be used to minister to someone else in which can and will glorify GOD.  So the next time you fail, know grace is right around the corner. Were not worthy of it but it's just how great our GOD is. 

GOD is LOVE

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world!!! I love it!!! I'm sure so will you!!! so far looking good!!! I love the content...uh-oh...time to step up my game and meet you on your level 2nd LT. Benton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol O Noooo... I'm gettin on yours. Like I said, Your the one who inspired the whole thing grl. I must admit. It is a very good outlet. I see why You like it so much. So Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Mark. I love your blog! So you used the ground as your stability factor? Awesome! That spoke to me... I need to be more GROUNDED in God's truth and make it my stabilizer in my walk with the Lord. Thanks, buddy, for your inspiration! Follow me, too! http://stillimpressions.blogspot.come

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, Thank You Ate!! You are a good part of the reason why I even began to blog in the 1st place. Def didn't think I'd do it at all. Lol So Thank You Ate. Love ya! And see you in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea it is a very nice outlet...quite addicting at times too ;-)...but it's a good addiction to have

    ReplyDelete