Saturday, December 11, 2010

LOVED

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
LOVE is patient and kind.  LOVE is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.  It does not demand its own way.  It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.  It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.  LOVE never gives up, never loses FAITH, is always HOPEful, and endures through every circumstance.

In a 24 hours period, my life has forever changed.  December 10th 2:00p.m. - December 11th 2:00p.m. I have commissioned as Second Lieutenant Officer in the United States Army and will have received my Bachelors Degree in Aviation Science Management from Texas Southern University. BUT I'm not here to talk about that.  This "blog" is not about what I have done, accomplished or even plan to do or accomplish.  This is about... YOU (My Family and the people who have EARNED the Title of being one of my BEST FRIENDS)

Family


My Family... I am truly speechless when I even begin to think of my family.  I am more than aware of some of the stories whom others have that may have suffered at the hands of their own families and it truly saddens my heart.  Some of my best friends don't have the best relationship with either their siblings or parents in their household and it truly humbles me.  Why? Because when I see some of my best friends doing the things they are doing (in a positive aspect) it only makes me look at them at a higher level.  Because some of my best friends are doing just as great, if not better than how I am as far as what they do and how they carry themselves in life in general.  I say this to say that I HAVE NO EXCUSE.  GOD LOVED me so much that he blessed me with the parents and sister I have.  As the old saying goes... "You can't pick your family" and you know what? I'm soooooo glad and grateful that though I can't pick my family, the family he picked for me is AMAZING.  For I don't know who I would be or what I would be doing if it wasn't for the support of my parents to guide me and my sister for me to live my life as best as I can to set an example for her. 

Fantastic 4


The Ultimate and so well known "Fantastic 4!!!" I have to take my time with these guys because individually they all hold a vital part of my life as well as a group (From Right to Left).   

James Brown = LOYAL   He is my longest lasting friend to current date.  I have known him for over 8 years now going on 9 and we are 7 years apart.  Yes... 7 years apart.  Man was graduating college as I was entering High School and instead of looking at what seemed to be obvious, he looked past my age and took me in as one of his own brothers.  He invited me to places, looked out for me, supported me, came to my games and Dance Show Recitals I mean... this man was ALWAYS there and still is to this day.  The most LOYAL friend I have to date hands down.

Anneline a.k.a. LOA = PROTECTIVE    Now Anneline just became a part of our group a couple years ago and was introduced to us by James.  From the very start, she has looked out for me and acted as the older sister I never had.  She was protecting me before I even got a chance to know her and that, as a person is the exact and very type of person she is!  LOA stands firm, takes charge and not only does she NOT let others push her around, she will tear those up who cross any of her LOVED ones because she can not stand to see those she cares about most get double crossed.  She is the one that will look out for you on all levels from start to finish.

Ronnie = INSPIRATION    This man Inspires me in life!  I mean... From day one when we met, we were both at a very hard place in our life but based on the situation and circumstance at the time, we let everything out and were very transparent with each other on what we struggled with.  This man has been through every single thing you can think of that no child should go through and for him to maintain the mindset he has (and it's a mindset of wanting to continue to serve GOD and Others at all times) inspite of where he comes from, blows me away (As I said up top, there's no way I'd be who I'd be or where I'd be if it weren't for my parents) and I say that as a reminder because people like Ronnie?!  Those who may come from a broken home and don't make excuses and are still being positive reinforcement to others! WOW!  What a testimony.  A man who has truly over come anything and everything.  He makes me ask myself... "If he can do it, why can't I?".  For his strength in GOD is not just something he wants for himself, but he wants for you because he has LOVED you.

THIS... is MY Fantastic 4!

Jordan


Jordan = DETERMINED    Jordan and I were pretty good friends back in High School.  We played Basketball together and knew each other fairly well but, it wasn't until I graduated High School, a real friendship took off.  I don't know what it is (call us old school) but when it came to developing my friendship with Jordan on a whole new level, we followed "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" Concept.  Out of all my friends, I have seen Jordan grow the most in Christ.  From where he was when we 1st met compared to now?  It's unbelievable and Praise GOD for his transformation in him.  Jordan is so DETERMINED to achieve all things for the greater good in Christ! DETERMINED to grow more in him for his own sake and the sake of being a better example for his brother and the rest of his family.  

Phil


Phil = GROWTH    Phil is one of the most intelligent young man I know as well as the funniest.  As intelligent as this man is, he still continues to GROW himself in Christ at all times so he can share the knowledge he has with his loved ones and GROW them spiritually.  He not only has a deep spiritual side in which he constantly wants to better himself in the LORD but has a side to where he truly just enjoys and lives life!  He has helped encourage me to do what I want to do and put action behind all thoughts.  He has LOVED me by helping me in my GROWTH spiritually and non-spiritually in life in itself.

Buddy


Leo a.k.a. Buddy/B-Luv = JOY    I have never met a man whom lives with so much JOY in his heart as this guy!  I mean... WOW!  Always smiling, Always laughing, Always loving, Always LOVED by others (And believe me when I say Always LOVED by others).  This is a man whom people want to be around all the time because of the JOY he carries in his heart, and that JOY is definitely a reflection of GOD working in his heart and his spirit.  Buddy LOVES me as a brother in Christ at all times Unconditionally and I know with out a shadow of a doubt that he get's his motivation from Christ and everyone else the good LORD has put in his life.  When you have JOY in your life, its so easy to LOVE

Juby


Juby a.k.a. Jubykins/Juby Bear/Angel Face/My #1/5 Star Chick = INDESCRIBABLE
Juby is... Exactly as I said! INDESCRIBABLE!  I say that because so many different things come to mind when I hear her name and I really can't give her one word but... INDESCRIBABLE.  She's strong, has been beat down and broken but reshaped and remolded into GOD's perfect image by GOD.  She inspires me to express myself more than one way and I truly can't even explain how my life has been forever changed simply meeting this wonderful woman of GOD.  I also get the proud privilege of fulfilling one of my greatest accomplishments in life with her as we Graduate December 11th 9:30a.m.!  The fact that I even get to graduate with my Bestie is... INDESCRIBABLE.  I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that this woman will do unbelievable things in the Kingdom of GOD and I am so excited to see what the LORD has in store for her.  For she is well able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above and beyond anything she can possibly imagine and stands as a great threat to the enemy.

1 John 5:11 - 12
Dear friends, since GOD LOVED us that much, we surely ought to LOVE each other.  No one has ever seen GOD.  But if we LOVE each other, GOD lives in us, and his LOVE is brought to full expression in us.

Though we all may be different, shy, laid back, reserve, outgoing, charming, loud, talkative, opinionated,  comical, it doesn't matter how many people we love, it's about LOVING faithfully the people GOD has given us to LOVE.  So I write this to say... THANK YOU!  THANK YOU for your support, for your guidance and belief in me.  Thank you for not keeping track of record of all the dumb mistakes I may have done in life, for not judging me and of course, your LOVE.  For GOD LOVED me so much, he blessed and gave me YOU.  Because of your LOVE, I have FAITH, and because of your FAITH, I have HOPE.

GOD is LOVE

2 comments:

  1. I started reading this before grad, but had to stop cause your words were too touching and I didn't wanna look all messed up before grad....lol Thank you sooooo much and you know i'm the lucky one

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are well loved to the fullest, Mark! My heart is overjoyed that you are. You finished strong today ... so you can have a stronger beginning into your new journey. Love you, Mark the II!

    ReplyDelete