Friday, December 10, 2010

2 in 1

This past summer I spent a night out with my best friends and our Church Fams at my boys household and we had a blessed time.  I remember looking at my sister Anneline, and as she was fixed on something of great importance, I took out my camera and was able to capture her emotion of dedication and commitment towards her element. After I took the picture, I realized my other best friend Ronnie was captured in the moment with a complete different emotion in comparison to Anneline.

12 hours from now, I will be an official Officer of the United States Army and 36 hours from now, I will be a College Graduate.  It has been quite a road. Challenging yet so much fun.  I can honestly say the last past 4 1/2 years of my life have been PHENOMENAL! I've had the opportunity to participate in more things than I anticipated from my Freshman year and it has been a fantastic ride. However, all things must come to an end.  Not to say that I'm 100% NOT Looking forward to Graduate or say I'm 100% ready to Graduate but things will be... different.


Like my 2 best friends caught in 1 picture which display two different emotions, so are mine.  1 shows an emotion of being fixed, curios, anxious and unsure while the other indicates laughter, joy, and being in the background.  Part of me want's to be up front where I look focused and determined but on the other hand, I have no problem wanting to be in the background and just enjoy myself for this specific moment.  I'm excited to graduate, and then I'm not.  I'm excited to Commission and then I'm not.  Why? 1 side is focused on whats to come and curious to see where this road will lead me where as the other wants to chill in the background and not move on with my life so I won't have to own up to real responsibility.  I know a chunk of it is F.E.A.R. (False Evidence Appearing Real) but it's times like this where it's so important more than ever that even when I can't see it at the time, I maintain my F.A.I.T.H. (Full Assurance In The Heart).  For when I honor GOD with everything I have.  He'll honor me with everything he has.  And you just may come to find out that when you simply enjoy the moment you try to capture, getting "2 in 1" isn't so bad after all.

GOD is LOVE

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Way to put it in perspective

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Grly!! Learning from the best!! *wink*wink* (Just so were clear and you don't try to reverse no comments, I am talkin about you).

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMBO!!!! you know me too well thats why I love you as much as I do... and that's tthhhiiisssssss much x's infinity

    ReplyDelete