Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Redeemed

I currently struggle with an issue.  Something that holds people back from fulfilling GOD's overall purpose. I still hold some mistakes I have made recently this past semester when knowing the person I have wronged has forgiven me, my best friends and family whom I've confided in has forgiven me and most of all, knowing GOD has forgiven me so I ask this... Why haven't I forgiven myself?  To put it simply, it's guilt.

Guilt:  A feeling of having done wrong or failed in an obligation

That's the very feeling I have or... had.

I spoke to my dad just now on what has been weighing on my heart and it was that very thing I am speaking of right now.  For I know that if I don't forgive myself, I am short changing and putting limits on GOD already because I have not surrendered myself fully to his will.

Psalm 32:5

Finally, I confessed all my sins to you
and stopped trying to hide my guilt.
I said to myself, "I will confess my rebellion to the Lord."
And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.

By confessing my sin, I am admitting my mistake and admitting my imperfection and acknowleding the very fact that he is right and the only one worthy to judge me of my wrong sinful desire I crave so much.  That in order for me to follow GOD, by me confessing my sin, I am against the very action I just committed.  


Romans 3:25-26

For GOD presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin.  People are made right with GOD when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood (on the Cross).  This sacrifice shows that GOD was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past, for he was looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time.  GOD did this to demonstrate his righteousness, for he himself is fair and just, and he declares sinners to be right in his sight when they believe in Jesus.

A song by Hillsong really convicted me and it's entitled... "We the REDEEMED"  

There is nothing like Your LOVE
No exchange for all You gave
To be welcomed into life
So I can know the LOVE that saves

Now forever to be LOVED
To walk with You for all my days
There's no greater LOVE than this
You are the Author and the Way

This is the sound of the REDEEMED
Rising up to praise the King
Our HOPE is in You
This is the sound of the REDEEMED
Rising up to praise the King

Singing Glorious Glorious One You have saved us
Honor and Power and Praise to the Savior
You are the Answer You are the Answer

You come with power come with fire
As we lift Your name on high
And join with all the saints to sing
In Bringing Honor to the King

We the REDEEMED
Hear us singing
You are HOLY
You are HOLY

Isaiah 35:9

Lions will not lurk along its course,
nor any other ferocious beasts.
There will be no other dangers.
Only the REDEEMED will walk on it.

The thing about being REDEEMED, it is not something we earn but simply given by our Heavenly Father whom sent us his one and only son.  And by choosing to believe that Jesus is THE Way, THE Truth and THE Light and that he died for the sake of mankind, and are assured in knowing the LORD rose Jesus from the dead, GOD counts us as righteous.  

Me not forgiving myself is a weapon the enemy uses against me because he know's that once I find the courage and will to overcome my disappointment, I become a threat.  That the very moment I realize my chains are broken, and that I am forgiven and have been given another chance, I can worship GOD freely as I was born and created to do, I can and WILL do damage.  Me not forgiving myself is just as bad as me not forgiving someone else.  For if someone did me wrong, I'm not forgiving for their sake, I'm forgiving for my own and that as a follower in Christ, I am to do so as he does.  I want to be restored so it's about time that I get on GOD's payroll.  For forgiveness is about not missing the very thing you need that may be a blessing.  And there is nothing more that the enemy LOVES than to see GOD's children miss their blessing because of lack of un-forgiveness.  So... I'm done!  Done with feeling sorry for myself and putting on the vibe of me being a victim and not feeling worthy enough for anything or anyone.  And truth is... though I'm truly not worthy for any of the many great things GOD already blesses me with, I just accept it and thank him for it.  I know it's nothing that we have done, but out of the grace, mercy and LOVE our Heavenly Father already holds for us.  And it is THAT, which gives me the ability to forgive myself and know, that I am REDEEMED.  

GOD is LOVE      

No comments:

Post a Comment