Friday, December 31, 2010

Perspective

2010 has been a TRIP! If you rewind the clock all the way to January 1st, 2010 and look at where everything is now? Wow! This has been an extremely blessed year.  Of course, nothing is always perfect but I have witnessed so much growth this past year. Not just in myself but in others as well.

2010 was the year where I realized how broken I am without Christ
2010 was the year where I realized that I was given one of the hardest positions in my ROTC Program
2010 was the year where I realized that some of my family members struggled with health issues
2010 was the year where my Uncle passed away due to Muscular Dystrophy
(He was Paralyzed from the Neck Down)
2010 was the year I planned to take a trip outside the country and didn't due to my Financial Situation
2010 was the year where my sister struggled to apply for nursing school
2010 was the year where one of my best friends felt unappreciated
2010 was the year where one of my best friends struggled bonding with his family
2010 was the year where I constantly prayed to do my passion and didn't see anything come to past
2010 was the year where I didn't know if I would graduate because of issues with my classes

One thing I've come to realize in life is that we don't have control over EVERYTHING that happens to us in life. We can control MANY things but not EVERYTHING and when things don't go our way, like what you see below, it's all in your PERSPECTIVE.


2 Corinthians 5:17

This mean that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person.  
The old life is gone; a new life has begun.

It's so easy to look at things sideways and because of our PERSPECTIVE, things can be worse than what they really are.  This is NOT to ever under any circumstances belittle anyones situation or circumstance but I ask you this... What are you Magnifying?  

2010 was the year I realized how COMPLETE I am in Christ
2010 was the year I realized because of my leadership position in ROTC, I grew as a Leader for when I lead as an Officer in the United States Army
2010 was the year I realized that while my family members struggled with their health, they still maintained their Joy
2010 was the year that after my Uncle passed, many continue to do their passion because of my Uncles encouragement, influence and positive attitude he remained regardless of what he didn't have.
2010 was the year I ended up taking a trip to Las Vegas, stayed in one of the finest hotels on the strip to witness the very best of Hip Hop Crews from all over the World under one roof Compete
2010 was the year my sister not only got accepted into Nursing School but just completed her 1st semester pulling off a 3.6 GPA
2010 was the year where one of my best friends knew she was appreciated because of GOD's direct LOVE and in addition, the LOVE she receives from her family and friends.
2010 was the year where one of my best friends spent a full Thanksgiving Meal and Christmas for the 1st time in years with his family
2010 was the year where not only did I do my passion for the one I LOVE most, but grew as a dancer myself by participating in two Dance Performances in which one of them included "tWitch" from "So You Think You Can Dance/Step Up 3" with my Church Fam.
2010 was the year where I not only graduated, but commissioned as an Officer in the U.S. ARMY

I say this to say, all of what you read is true, the good and the bad.  Though it is unfortunate I endured some of the things I went through, the positive that happened definitely out weights the negative.  We can't change what's happened in the past; We can't change how people will act in certain situations; And We can't change what ever unfortunate thing may come that we have no control over but... we CAN change... 


our PERSPECTIVE.  

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, "says the LORD."  They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a HOPE.

Like looking at a bug through a Magnifying Glass, the subject looks larger through the lens.  The size of the object itself is not changing, but the Magnifying Glass gives it the APPEARANCE that it's bigger than what it really is.  I thought to myself... how many times in life do we blow things out of proportion and make things bigger than what they really are?  When we magnify GOD, Our PERSPECTIVE of our Heavenly Father is Bigger than what it really is.  The Beautiful thing about Magnifying GOD though, is that... he really is bigger than what we think he is.  There has been some downs this past year but 2010 has been nothing but a RIDICULOUS, PHENOMENAL, OVERWHELMING BLESSING!  So I ask you... 

Are you Magnifying your Situation, Or Magnifying your GOD?  

GOD is LOVE

2 comments:

  1. OMG LOVE IT!!!!!!!! lol 2010 was the year that taught me some lessons through some unconventional ways, but hey life isn't conventional!!!!! :-)

    In all honesty sitting at church I looked back at 2010 and I was like it wasn't that bad....God puts you through certain things to grow you cause if I hadn't gone through those things I would have never learned. So thanks 2010 for allllll the lessons :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol You must "LOVE IT" If you puttin caps on it and havin several exclamation points! Lol! But in all honesty, I am glad you enjoyed it. This one took a lot of thought. Haha!!!

    ReplyDelete