Monday, December 13, 2010

Joy

Joy is referred to as Happiness or an emotion.  I have lived a very blessed life.  But in this life, I have not had all victories, I have also had some failures.  For what may seem like a SETBACK may be a SETUP for something better.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Always be JOYful.  Never stop praying.  Be Thankful in all circumstances, for this is GOD's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.


Proverbs 15:30

A cheerful look brings JOY to the heart, good news makes for good health.

I can't stress enough how important it is to watch your body language and facial expressions.  It is said that when you meet people in life, 90% of the time you will not remember what they say, BUT you remember what you feel when your around them.  JOY is not only to be expressed with your words, but with your body language and how you treat people. So choose to live with JOY in your heart! It not only blesses you, it blesses others.


Proverbs 21:15

Justice is a JOY to the godly, but it terrifies evildoers.

Justice is such JOY to the GODLY because you grow yourself to a point in Christ where things that use to bother you, don't bother you as much anymore.  Anyone whom may have done you wrong, you no longer worry about getting revenge, but instead, you let it go because you know GOD will do you justice.  And when the enemy knows that you know this principle, he gets terrified because you become a threat!


Acts 2:28

You have shown me the way of life, and you will fill me with the JOY of your presence.

It is not easy being a Christian.  Times can be hard and difficult but once you've lived a certain lifestyle and you experience the way of life when lead by Christ, JOY almost seems to be an understatement.  So many times I've found myself discouraged but when I surround myself with GODLY people, and I begin to sing songs of praise because knowing songs of praise precedes the victory, I am in the presence of the most high and am filled with JOY

1 Thessalonians 2:19-20

After all, what gives us HOPE and JOY, and what will be our proud reward and crown as we stand before our LORD Jesus when he returns?  It is you!

When we grow in Christ, you find and experience such JOY in him.  But we are not alone.  We are ambassadors of Christ.  GOD's personal representatives.  And because we represent him, we are to continue to spread the good news.  When it is spread and someone comes to Christ, we should have as much JOY for them (and believe me, I am still learning that very thing this moment).  Your highest rewards and greatest joy should be those who come to believe in Christ and are growing in him.  As 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 stated... "Rejoice always, pray without  ceasing etc..." I've learned why it's so important to learn to dance in the rain instead of waiting for the storm to pass.  We are commanded (Notice the verse is not a suggestion but a statement) because when we stay in JOY, it is that very element that motivates us to move on towards our next victory.  When you view a photo album, it usually grasp all the good moments in life.  What people forget is that it's the difficult times that moves you on to the next.  And in those difficult times, we must maintain our JOY.

GOD is LOVE

2 comments:

  1. Ok so I must say I didn't read the whole blog YET!!! but I just got on here to write a blog about how being a Christian is not an easy journey...now YOU need to stop being in my head...lol...well I will postpone that entry till I gather all of my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Please write away!!! I def wanna see what that's all about hun!! Always ALWAYS wanna hear your words. It's why I check your site everyday. Seriously! I mean... I am your biggest fan!!!

    ReplyDelete