Thursday, January 20, 2011

Worship

Just 3 days ago, I came back from another Winter Camp retreat with my Church up in South Lake Tahoe.  We spoke amongst many things up there but one thing that was a true highlight for me was our WORSHIP.  Talk about GOD's Divine Intervention because he put two people in my life that had a grave influence on me and changed the way I look at music and how I can worship freely for my Heavenly Father.  Between the teachings of Pastor Ting Wang I learned this past weekend and what I've learned in the past from Pastor Marcos Witt, I am going to share with you what I have learned.

Jesus wants to teach mankind the fountains and springs of life.  Why should I be a WORSHIPper and why is the father seeking worshippers?  These questions will be addressed with three different points.

1.)  WORSHIPping GOD keeps things in perspective

Psalm 46:10

Be still, and know that I am GOD!
I will be honored by every nation.
I will be honored throughout the World.


We "BOW DOWN" to keep GOD Bigger.  Sometimes we need to stop fighting, relax and just stand there.  Be still and know that GOD is GOD.  To reverently honor him and his power and majesty.  

2.)  WORSHIPping GOD helps keep me with a spirit of Thanksgiving

Psalm 100:4

Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise.  
Give thanks to him and praise his name.

GOD alone is worthy of being WORSHIPed.  It's good to praise GOD for what he has done and what continues to do, but what about praising GOD simply for who he is?  This psalm right here reminds us of GOD's goodness and dependability, and then to worship with thanksgiving and praise.  


3.)  WORSHIP mobilizes GOD's armies in my favor

Judges 7:20-21

Then all three groups blew their horns and broke their jars.  They held the blazing torches int heir left hands and the horns in their right hands, and they all shouted,"A sword for the lORD and for Gideon!" Each man stood at his position around the camp and watched as all the Midianites rushed around in a panic, shouting as they ran to escape.  

This story of Gideon was for GOD to demonstrate to Israel that victory does not come from man's own strength or the number of people we may hold, but being obedient and committed to GOD whom gives us the ability to do all things so he gets all the glory.  


This man and his girlfriend Queenie for some reason saw something in me that I didn't.  We began to talk about different styles of music and how I use to be on the Praise and WORSHIP team for my high school and hadn't done it in over 5 years.  As we began to talk, we eventually made our way towards the instruments and began to sing songs of Praise.  We started around 12:15 in the morning and as we began to worship for GOD, many of our friends began to gather around us.  What started as just two grew to 3, 6 and eventually there were about 15 men and woman of GOD surrounding the Piano WORSHIPping together as one.  And let me tell you that GOD was in that place because we went all the way through till 3:45 in the morning!  I've "lead" WORSHIP before but to be in the presence of so many Kingdom Minded People to all live and serve for a greater purpose than ourselves is beyond compared.  I have never gone for over 3 hours of WORSHIP and the whole thing was not rehearsed.  Ryan and I have never worked together but everything simply flowed together and was more than just singing but eventually even lead to free WORSHIP!  That night I tapped into something that I never knew I was capable of in which I can glorify GOD.  And I am so thankful that GOD sent Ryan and Queenie to continue to push me in which I can truly freely PRAISE GOD without holding back because GOD is worth my all, not just a little.  


It's so important that we mediate on the and think about the goodness of GOD, his state of mind and remember them frequently.  What does WORSHIP Mean?  WORSHIP simply means "The placing of 'WORTH' on someone or something"  How much is GOD worth to you?  When it comes to serving and WORSHIPing, many don't know which one takes priority.  It's great to serve others.  In fact, it's one of the many things we are called to do as Children of GOD but service to Others without WORSHIP involved just becomes "Good Deeds".  It's Great to do "Good Deeds" but even unbelievers carry out acts of Good Deeds.  You place your "WORTH" on GOD through fellowship and the time you spend with him individually.  When you WORSHIP GOD from the right place, it's easy to want to serve GOD.  Serve GOD because you LOVE to serve GOD.  As great as it is to WORSHIP GOD with songs of praise, let's not forget that it's a Lifestyle.

     
For many will serve without WORSHIP BUT, It is IMPOSSIBLE to WORSHIP without Serving.  

GOD is LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment