Sunday, January 9, 2011

GOD's LOVE

We are all familiar with the infamous Poem entitled "Footprints" written by Mary Stevenson, Margaret Fishback Powers, and Carolyn Carty.  I believe it's safe to say that when we all heard it for the 1st time and appreciate the point, it touched us all.  So I figured I'd bring in their concept along with my own.

I was out at the beach with one of my best friends taking some shots and it was Beautiful.  Ronnie was in front of me as we were heading to the shoreline to grasp a better shot of the Sunset.  As he continued to walk in front of me, I noticed his footprints in front of me and I immediately thought of the poem "Footprints".  I then began to think of GOD's LOVE.  So you ask... "How did looking at a bunch of Footprints make you think of GOD's LOVE?"


The very last line in the original poem of "Footprints" is... "The LORD replied, my precious, my precious, precious child.  I LOVE you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you".  That very statement displays so much of GOD's LOVE in so many ways.  Though I am completely aware that it is GOD that carry's us so many times in our moments of trials but then I thought to myself... GOD also walks with us directly and indirectly.


Ephesians 4:2-3

Always be humble and gentle.  Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your LOVE.  Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.  

When I took this picture it made me realize how thankful I am for my best friends and family.  That during my moments of failures or when I struggled with anything, not only was GOD himself carrying me and walking with me but other times, it was the people he put in my life that walked with me and carried me as well as an extension of his direct hand.  Anytime I've confessed and told my family and best friends about any of my struggles, every single one of them respond similarly with an attitude of NEVER judging me yet, pushing, supporting and motivating me to do better and holding me accountable for my actions from a place of LOVE just like our Heavenly Father.  

Romans 8:35

Can anything ever separate us from Christ's LOVE?  Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death?


How many times have you wondered... "I'm not good enough for GOD".  Or that, Salvation is for everyone else but you?  For it is Satan, NOT GOD whom accuses us.  We should NEVER use suffering as an excuse to drive us away from GOD but help us to identify with him and allow his LOVE into our hearts so it can heal us.  Romans 8:31-39 contain one of the most comforting promising scriptures in the book.  Being a believer in Christ, we face many forms of hardship from persecution, illness, imprisonment, and even death.  Things such as these can cause us to fear that we may have been abandoned by Christ.

Romans 8:37-38

No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who LOVED us.  And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from GOD's LOVE.  Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow-not even the powers of hell can separate us from GOD's LOVE.  

For when I look back in some of my Journeys, I end up seeing two or three set of Footprints, and none of them are mine.  For it is GOD himself along with the wonderful people he has put in my life that carry's me through the storm.  In Christ, we are super-conquerors, and his LOVE will protect us from the Powers of the Unseen Forces.  

GOD is LOVE

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written and captured, Mark! You're right, our blogs have so much similarities! God knew how to get our attention in different ways. You with the footprints and sand... and I with the branches and the birds. You looking down... and with I looking up! Both saying that God's love and those we love are with us. BETTER TOGETHER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true!!! but give your self more credit I like to think some of those foot prints belong to you...trust me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ate: Thank You so much Ate!! Crazy how we can view a similar concept at the same time in two different places. Again, you are a huge part of the reason why I even started blogging in the 1st place and helped me develop my own concept for my own blogspot so Thank You! And yes... we are better when we work together as one with the people GOD puts in our life.

    Juby: AAaawww Thx Juby!! But fo real, this one is dedicated to you and others like you. The ones who lift me up when I'm down and always uphold not only the most confidence in me, but always see right in me even when I do wrong. So know it is YOUR Footprints hun amongst so many others that I see when I look back during my worst of times. Love you grl! =)

    ReplyDelete