Thursday, January 20, 2011

Couple of Encouragers

I recently came back from my 4th Winter Camp Retreat with my Church back home at Zephyr Point in South Lake Tahoe and every single experience never ever ceases to amaze me.  There is so much I wanna talk about my experience the past weekend though, I'm going to have to break it up into several different articles so bare with me as I make a point for each one.  And with to start this off right, I want to talk about a Couple of Encouragers.

1 Thessalonians 2:12

We pleaded with you, ENCOURAGED you, and urged you to live your lives in a way that GOD would consider worthy.  For he called you to share in his Kingdom and glory.

Three couples who stuck out this past winter camp did this very thing for me.  Three couples whom took the time as a couple and individually to speak in my life and ENCOURAGE me in-spite of whatever doubt or fear I may hold in the near future and I really do have to brag about who they are.  Because who they are as a people truly shows the Greatness of our GOD.  

Roughly 2 years ago, I met two people named Queenie and Ryan at Winter Camp and that's really the last time I got to speak with them.  We knew of each other and would facebook each other every now and then for Idol Chit Chat but that was about it.  I've seen them once in between the two years we met which was at my Best Friends Wedding but never really took the opportunity to get to know each other.
I have always known the passion Ryan holds for music but never really took the time to appreciate it.  Queenie was on my time the last time we met at our Winter Camp retreat and I never really did use that chance to build a friendship with her.

Somehow this past weekend, all motives were different (On both ends).  When we saw each other, the three of us was legitimately excited to see each other!  We began to catch each other up on the past couple things that had been going on in each others lives and then somehow as our conversation continued, the three of us began to talk about Music.  And come to find out, it wasn't just Christian Alternative we had in common... the three of us shared a common interest in Gospel and Christian R & B (specifically Israel & Anthony Evans. Who would have thought?!)

1 Thessalonians 3:7-8

So we have been greatly ENCOURAGED in the midst of our troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your FAITH.  It gives us new life to know that you are standing firm in the LORD.  


Let me tell you that the good LORD used these two mightily this past weekend and revealed to me another gift I truly didn't know I had in which I PRAISE GOD and give him ALL THE GLORY for it (which will be in another article to come).  But Thank You guys.  Thank you for being so obedient to Christ in seeing something in me that I didn't see in myself as another way to PRAISE and WORSHIP our good LORD and Savior JESUS CHRIST.  Ever since this weekend, I have looked at other Avenues of Approach to GLORIFY my GOD in an abundance of different ways so thank you guys. For seeing something and believing in something in me that I never really saw in myself. 

Two other Wonderful People of GOD has been of GREAT ENCOURAGEMENT to me.  I have only known them for almost 3 years now but we recently have been building our friendship on a whole other level.  As I was up in Lake Tahoe this past weekend, I had the privilege of having one of them as my room-mate.  Mr. Santos and I finally after all these years had the opportunity to room together.  You know they say you don't truly know someone until you live with them and I'm so thankful that I received that opportunity.  I was able to express the concerns I've been dealing with in my personal life right now and after I expressed to him with mine, he then did the same towards me.  Needless to say, we ended up talking until 2:30 in the morning but it was well worth it. 

I then got to have my home girl Leiza on my team this year for all the Workshops, games and skits we were going to do for the weekend and it was to much fun.  I received the chance to open up with her on where my heart lies in how I can better serve the Kingdom of GOD during one of our Workshop Sessions.  She along with many others was very receptive to it and continued to ENCOURAGE me that I am well able and have the potential to do it anywhere I go.  

1 Thessalonians 5:11

So ENCOURAGE each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.


1 Thessalonians 5:12

Dear brothers and sisters, honor those who are your leaders in the Lord's work.  They work hard among you and give you spiritual guidance.  

These two wonderful people of GOD speak those very things into me.  I received words of encouragement from Christian saying... "Hey man. Glad you came to winter camp before you left for Texas.  Stay up man and know your doing BIG things for GOD.  PRAISE Him for your life". Leiza was just as motivating when she checked in on me the next day saying... "I miss you already Mark! I'm excited for what GOD has already planned for you.  Be safe and ALL GLORY to GOD".  Yes... those very words from the two of them bring me such comfort and push me to do what I wasn't always so confident in.  Though I don't know what the good LORD's plans are for me in the next few months, clearly it's something huge.  I'm just thankful that they're so confident in whatever GOD has in store for me, it's so evident that they even see it.  What's even more Beautiful is that they show this same LOVE towards each other as they continue to grow together in Christ. I only pray that My Heavenly Father will bless me with someone as great as them.  

1 Thessalonians 5:14

Brothers and Sisters, we urge you to warn those who are lazy.  Encourage those who are timid.  Take tender care of those who are weak.  Be patient with everyone.

For it is that very verse these four people LIVE by because they definitely Encourage me though I'm timid and took tender care of me when I felt weak.  During the midst of this, they were always patient and were nothing but a COUPLE OF ENCOURAGERS to me at the exact moment where I needed to hear it.  It's having people like you in my life that always reassure me that there is a GOD and he works so mightily in all ways.  

GOD is LOVE

1 comment:

  1. Right on Brody, Just know that you are just as much as an encouragement my friend! Your "Buffness" in the Lord does not go unseen!!

    ReplyDelete