Monday, January 24, 2011

A "RADICAL" Experience


So every year when I go back home for the Winter Break, my Church back home FBCV (Faith Bible Church of Vallejo) host a Winter Camp Martin Luther King Weekend every year since 2006.  I know at this point your probably thinking to yourself.... "Wow! Another blog about Winter Camp?" And the Answer is... YES! Another Article about Winter Camp.  There is always a theme to every year and every year I am constantly blown away by the things my Heavenly Father bless me with.

Luke 9:23-24

Then he said to the crowd, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.  If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it.  But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.


I have two very close friends to me.  Matter of fact, they're more than "close" they're definitely two of my best named Jordon and Kayla.  I have known them since High School so we have been in each others lives going on 5 years and it has been a wonderful experience to have them as a part of my life.  For the past couple years I have been trying to get them to come with me to Winter Camp up in Lake Tahoe with my Church and unfortunately due to personal things, I never got the privilege of having them with me during such a wonderful experience... until Now.


They came to Winter Camp because they wanted to spend my very last two days in California with me before I left to go back to Texas (which was very thoughtful) but... GOD had other plans in mind and I praise him for using me to fulfill his will.  In the past couple years, Jordon and Kayla have struggled in having a "Community" of believers to fellowship with at all times and I speak from personal experience knowing their very exact feelings.  Needless to say, I was more than ecstatic to have them come with me to this Winter Camp Retreat because I knew exactly what they would get out of it. Actually... I didn't, because it surpassed the expectations I was holding in which they got more than what I anticipated for them to receive.  But it's always like GOD to show up and show out.  


We had the distinct pleasure of having a young man named "Pastor Ting Wang" as our special guest speaker and let me tell you when I say, GOD truly has put an anointing on this Gentleman.  We had quite a few 1 Hour Q & A sessions in which we can ask him anything.  People asked questions from... "How do you deal with an Atheist? Is it a Sin if you have a "Wet Dream"? Do you believe in speaking in Tongues? etc" And he answered every single question.  But it's not the fact that he answered every question, but he answered it with Scripture.  Being able to instantly on the spot refer to any book in the Bible in which talks about the very subject that was asked about.  That very thing right there encouraged and inspired me in so many ways because at no point in time do I ever want to get myself at a point in life where I can't endure something or stand up for my FAITH due to lack of knowing.  There is absolutely no reason, as a follower in Christ why we shouldn't be able to do the same.

Psalm 118:8

It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in people.


On the very last night, everyone has the opportunity to speak in front of others and share with them a Testimony.  It could be about anything in which your voice can be heard and that GOD may bless someone using your story.  I am very proud to say that both Kayla and Jordon individually got up and spoke in front of the whole group expressing their very feelings and how GOD changed and answered their very prayer on how important fellowship is.  Both of them had a moment where they began to cry because of how moved they were with the whole experience GOD had blessed them with.  It was at that very moment that when I saw them cry, I broke down myself and let tears of joy roll down my face.  If you've read any of my earlier articles, I talked about how important it is that as we continue to grow in Christ, we must find ourselves a "Community" of believers whom we are equally yolked with in order to continuously grow in him.  

Ephesians 4:2-3

Always be humble and gentle.  Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your LOVE.  Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.  

   
I have no shame in saying that as I watched my best friends break down, I broke down with them because that was a very distinct moment (for all of us).  I believe it's very safe to say that the three of us in that moment had an "Epiphany" because we all realized how much GOD had truly grown us.  I have known Kayla and Jordon for almost 5 years now and I have never seen them at such a Vulnerable state the way I saw that very weekend but it was simply Beautiful because it was that moment in which GOD changed their heart in order for them to serve him for his glory.  And as a brother in Christ to them, I know GOD has truly been growing me because I was so touched to witness their Conviction.  You will come to find in life that as you grow in Christ, your LOVED ones Struggles are your Struggles but... on the other extreme, your LOVED ones blessings are your blessings.  And THAT, was the very reason why that weekend January 14th-17th 2011 was truly A "RADICAL" Experience.  The three of us along with many others from our church walked away with so much more insight in our relationship with Christ.  It really humbled us showing us that we have so much more we need to learn and know if we want to continue to be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ.  But I am still very proud of myself at where I've come in Christ because I am NOT the same where I was at last year, 6 months ago or even one month ago.  I praise GOD for enduring such A "RADICAL" Experience to get back in tune with the very plan my Heavenly Father has in store for me in which I can touch others and give him ALL THE GLORY.   

GOD is LOVE



1 comment:

  1. kayla and I would have never been able to experience this had you not been the reason we originally wanted to go. You're the best Mark, and we thank God for blessing us with such a friend as you. Next year? eh?!! Never say never! lol... Love you bro

    ReplyDelete