Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chosen Generation

These past couple days, I have been doing my best to get back on my spiritual grind and maintain my drive for the LORD.  It's time to stop playing around and get serious about what I need to be doing in his Kingdom.  It is a brand new year and which means another opportunity to make a "Lifetime Resolution" starting this year.  How important it is that I start doing what GOD wants me to do not just for my own sake, but even for the sake of Others.

Genesis 12:2

I will make you into a great nation.  I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to OTHERS. 


GOD wants to keep using us until it is our time to be home with the LORD.  

Psalm 71:18
Now that I am old and gray, do not abandon me, O GOD.  Let me proclaim your power to this new GENERATION, your mighty miracles to all who come after me.


Psalm 100:5

For the LORD is good.  His unfailing LOVE continues forever, and his FAITHfulness continues to each GENERATION.

Psalm 102:12

But you, O LORD, will sit on your throne forever.
Your fame will endure to every GENERATION.


I believe many times that we forget and don't realize that what we do in this life doesn't just impact our lives, but those around us.  That we are a GENERATION in which we can change the future and every future eventually becomes a past.  That we are a GENERATION in which we can rise up and do something for a greater cause.  A cause that is much greater than us.  That everything we do today doesn't just impact ourselves, and those around us but... it also impacts those whom have yet to come.  

Isaiah 44:3

For I will pour out water to quench your thirst and to irrigate your parched fields.  And I will pour out my Spirit on your descendants, and my blessing on your children.

When I read that verse, it really hit home for me how important it is that in all I do, it doesn't just affect me, but it affects my children and even my children's children.

Last year in the month of September, My mom had the Distinct pleasure of being admitted into the Board of Members of I.A.M.M.M. (Institute for the Advancement of Multicultural and Minority Medicine).  At the event, we met a ridiculous amount of wonderful people and the whole entire evening was a blessing.  That evening, I had the privilege of meeting former 4 Star General Colin Powell also the  1st Black Secretary of State.  However, allow me to give you the setup and why we got to be a part of such a wonderful event.


My Grandfather use to serve on the board of I.A.M.M.M.  On the board are people whom hold their M.D., P.H.D., Retired Presidents or Former C.E.O.'s of a company and at the time, he was the only person whom held his D.D.S.  Needless to say my Grandfather passed away Summer 09 due to a stroke.  A year went by and the program was looking for someone whom had their D.D.S. to be a part of the Board of Members and without a second hesitation, my mom was Nominated.  That night was the dinner in which she got to be a part of something big and sit with those various men and women at the table whom are making a difference in this nation in which opened up to an opportunity of me being able to meet with General Colin Powell amongst many other people.  Even in my Grandfathers death, my mom as well as myself are receiving some of his blessings simply because of the choices he made.  That weekend was a Testimony and proof of how important it is that all we do in life is not all about us!!


I believe it is so important we watch the very thing we do.  Especially when it comes to serving a younger GENERATION.  They look up to you in more ways than you think and really take to heart all you do whether it be for the better or for the worse.  Last month I graduated from College and one of my kids said... "You know something Mr. Mark?! Me and the girls were talking and I gotta say... you really encourage and inspire us all to go to College and get our Degree!!" I thought to myself... "Wow! How powerful is it, that you have kids that aren't even in high school talking about how they want to go to College and attain a Degree?" That very moment reminded me how important it is to watch the very things you not only say, but do.  That YOU do have the power to make a difference in one persons life.  And that difference you make in a persons life can be impacted so big, that it can be a change that last forever.  We are a CHOSEN GENERATION and this NATION needs to rise up.  GOD... we live for you! 

Lamentations 5:19

But LORD, you remain the same forever!  Your throne continues from GENERATION to GENERATION

GOD is LOVE

2 comments:

  1. Mkay mkay...you better preach up in this piece...lol I totally agree...I was having a similar convo with my bro over the break when I was back home. But nice to see you do ya thang sir....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Me Preach? Not like you was on your past couple blogs homie. But I was listening to that song, "Chosen Generation" by Christ Tomlin. That's what made me think about it. Then I started thinkin bout my kids and all. Just really made me think.

    ReplyDelete