Sunday, June 26, 2011

Balance

I've been in Alaska now for over 2 months and each week has been a growing and learning experience.  The past couple weeks I have struggled with Fear. Not so much of Fear of knowing where GOD is going to take me or IF he's going to take me but... Fear of loosing the relationships I've gained with others as GOD takes me on a new Journey.  Much of what I will write is between what I have learned from Brian Houston (Pastor of Hillsong Church) and Joyce Meyer. I only HOPE to simply share with you what I've learned from them and How relevant it has not only been to me, but even you.

My Heavenly Father has blessed me far beyond I can possibly imagine with the people he has placed in my life. Everyone from my Parents, my Sister, Extended Family, Best Friends, my Girlfriend, and of course, my Church Family. I can easily go on and on with the wonderful amazing Kingdom Minded People GOD has placed in my life.  So I want to take a moment and share with you some of who they are.


As You can see, GOD has truly given me the best people you can ever come across in life.  

2 Corinthians 8:14

Right now you have plenty and can help those who are in need.  Later, they will have plenty and can share with you when you need it.  In this way, things will be equal.

I truly believe with my whole heart that GOD puts people in our lives to grow towards him. There are many passages in the Bible that talks about it from: Where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them or, As Iron Sharpens Iron, man sharpens man and the How it takes EVERYONE to be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ because where one may lack, the other may strengthen hence... "United... WE STAND" However, there are times where we need our own moment with GOD himself.



Luke 14:26-27

If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison-your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters-yes, even your own life.  Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple.  And if you do not carry your own cross and follow me, you cannot be my disciple.

Many times we want a special someone to sit right by our side as we view the scenery of GOD (His Plan for us).  This is probably one of the most controversial versus in the Bible but we need to grasp this from a place of understanding. Under NO circumstances does this allow us to Disregard people and above all to stop "LOVING" People but, if we want to do what Jesus calls us to do we have to go where he is.  When we look back on and think about the many wonderful great things Jesus did for "People", under NO circumstances did he let Mary, Martha, his Disciples etc "People" STOP him from fulfilling GOD's will. We have to decide sometimes that we are going to live above the fickleness and NOT get pulled into peoples smallness (even at Church Life and our own Family and Friends) at the cost of doing what GOD has called us to do.  That many times... those who LOVE us most, are the very same people that may be distracting us from the calling of GOD and on top of that... they don't even realize it.  Which is why it is so important that we stay Vertical in Christ and must be cautious and AWARE of what GOD is trying to do in our lives.  That we not only NOT be distracted by Others, but mindful that WE Ourselves are not a distraction to someone else (Our LOVED ones) so they can fulfill their purpose and the will of GOD.   


Psalm 119:125

Give discernment to me, your servant; then I will understand your laws.

What goes on in life that causes us to be completely oblivious to some things in our lives?  That we can live our life completely oblivious to the fact that we are unaware to important things that relate to the purpose of GOD.  So, pray for discernment meaning... AWARENESS.  

Proverbs 1:32

For simpletons turn away from me-to death.  Fools are destroyed by their own complacency.  

UnAWARENESS won't necessarily just kill you, but it will kill our potential and our blessings in Christ. 

    
John 12:26

Anyone who wants to be my disciple must follow me, because my servants must be where I am.  And the Father will honor ANYONE who serves me.

Sometimes... it just needs to be YOU and GOD with NO ONE Else.  Don't let what GOD has called you to do (People), Distract you from what GOD has called you to do (which are people).  And without realizing it, for months, maybe even years, I've done this very thing.  That me being in Alaska and now going to Afghanistan, has taught me not only how fortunate I am to have those who choose to keep in touch with me but that I have had to rely on no one else but GOD and realizing that when I have him? He is ALL I need.  I had to be pulled away from those whom I LOVE most because GOD is calling me to do his will.  Though I LOVE my Family, my best friends, my girl friend, my Church Fam and my Dance Fam, I can't let the people around me distract me from reaching the people around me.  That as much as I am LOVED by Others and as much as I do my ALL in Christ to consistently LOVE Others and Fellowship with them as best as I know how, there has to be a BALANCE in how much I rely on the people of GOD, and GOD himself when it comes to serving him and giving my ALL to him.  I can't overuse the wonderful people GOD has blessed me with nor not use them at all. At the end of the day, I need to achieve and maintain a BALANCE.  For I CAN NOT and WILL NOT live outside of the will of GOD. If I want to go where Jesus goes, I have to be where he is.  

GOD is LOVE

1 comment:

  1. I more than love this, Mark! Funny, when I was thinking about your thoughts on BALANCE...I thought of this... "All for Christ, or nothing at all." When you think of that sentence upon a seesaw, Christ's side would be totally down while our side should be way up high. You will see that it's really not a true balance, but it is in our walk with God. Thank you for sharing such a marvelous insight, my friend!

    I have one sweet question for you...WHO IS YOUR GIRLFRIEND? (haha)

    ReplyDelete